<2017 September>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
272829303112
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
1234567

On this page...

Search

Links

Member of...


ASP Insiders

MVP Visual Developer ASP/ASP.NET

Enter CodeZone

Blog Categories

Microsoft

Blogroll

Deutsche Resourcen

Management

Sign In
 

#  Saturday, 06 November 2004

This turned out to be unnecessarily complicated - because I painted myself into a corner, sort of with the help of Visual Studio .NET 2003. When I added an image list, upon load I'd run into an exception of MissingManifestResourceException.

I thought wtf? I didn't do anything. Well, mostly nothing. I found the KB article BUG: "System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException" error message after you change the name of a localized form class in Visual C++ .NET 2003 which was sort of helpful: I found the cause, but the remedy didn't work for SmartPhone applications... here's the lowdown: my main form had the class name RegistryEditorForm, the file name though was RegistryForm.cs (.resx is of course the same, automagically). So now the resource is compiled using the file name, and the class name is different - exception. Change the class name to be identical to the .resx file name - success.

But at least the list view looks now a lot nicer than before (note that in debug mode I display the data types instead of the value names):

Saturday, 06 November 2004 17:33:22 (W. Europe Standard Time, UTC+01:00)  #    Comments [0]

 



© Copyright 2017 Christoph Wille

newtelligence dasBlog 2.3.9074.18820
Subscribe to this weblog's RSS feed with SharpReader, Radio Userland, NewsGator or any other aggregator listening on port 5335 by clicking this button.   RSS 2.0|Atom 1.0  Send mail to the author(s)

 
Don't contact us via this (fleischfalle@alphasierrapapa.com) email address.